Right here!! ……… This stuff is ahhhhmazingggg! No introduction needed….
There I am looking through Pintrest & come across something that sounds crazy, but, has been pinned over 38,000 times…… must be good right??
Monkey Butter is all over the internet! So, I decided to give it a try & see what all the fuss was about!
This has got to be the most tropical concoction I’ve ever tasted!… to be honest, I was still expecting something “meh” when in fact my mouth exploded from the flavours!! 😍
It’s super easy & only has 5 ingredients, best of all, home made means it contains no nasties.
You know exactly what’s in it, not like some of the jams/spreads on the market!
- 5 Ripe Bananas (no spots & no nearly ripe ones, as yellow as possible!)
- 1 Tin of Pineapple (cubed or crushed is fine) WITH the juice!
- 1 Cup of dessicated/powdered coconut
- 1 Cup of sugar (you might want to put less)
- 2-3 Tbsp Lemon Juice, feel free to add more to your taste (bottled is fine)
- In a non stick pot throw in your sliced Bananas, tin of Pineapple, juice included. Coconut, Sugar & Lemon.
- Bring to a rapid boil & keep stirring
- Once bubbling turn down the heat to simmer
- Keep an eye on it & stir regularly until the banana & pineapple incorporates, softens & the sauce thickens.
- Leave to cool a little & use a potato masher to crush any lumps if any, once completely cooled, put into glass jars & refrigerate.
This is cheap to make & lasts for up to 4 weeks in the fridge…. but honestly, it tastes so damn good, it ain’t lasting past the weekend! 😛
It’s a great source of energy & another way to get those extra fruits into your diet.
You can smack this on anything, we love it on Toast with Peanut Butter, but it goes lovely with Waffles & Nutella, Pancakes, Crumpets, with Ice Cream or in smoothies!
This foolproof recipe is sooooo yummy!!
The kids loved it & I will be spreading this on everything TRUST ME! #tropical #party in my mouth!! ❤️ #banana #pineapple #coconut ….. Lush!
Let me know what you put yours on?